Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well Done

Road Scholar was kind enough to treat me to a fantastic birthday dinner at 750 ml. I've been wanting to try this place since it opened cuz it looks so cute & charming. It received mediocre and terrible reviews at first but I think they've got things down now.

Road Scholar and I chowed down while Road Scholar's baby girl, Piano Toes, watched and drooled. The wait staff was quite accommodating of Piano Toes and her stroller. They stopped by to ooh, ah and coo over Piano Toes.

We started on a salad of baby greens, grapes, roasted pine nuts with a mildly sweet vinaigrette and goat cheese. The chef was gracious enough to oblige my request to substitute the goat for a cheddar. I know, chefs hate it when customers think they know better. But it wasn't cuz I thought I knew better, it's just that I'll throw up if I eat goat cheese.

Anyway, we both wanted a good piece of meat (don't we all? ;) ) so steak frites it was. Thankfully, they know how to do medium. They also know how to do homemade ketchup for their crispy fries. Yummy. I woulda licked my plate but I didn't wanna embarrass Road Scholar.

I almost forgot the wine... I don't really know what to say about it except that it was good...? Shame on me. But come on, I'm a vodka kinda girl.

The only disappointing thing was the lack of chocolate in their dessert choices. Luckily Buster's was right across the street. We undid the buttons of our jeans and walked over to Buster's. I could almost taste the mocha chip in a waffle cone...and then we see...CLOSED. Chad Michael Murray! What's a piggy gotta do for some birthday ice cream?

No comments: