Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chubby Chased 3

This little piggy went to the market, my local Trader Joe's. I don't know what it is but I am somewhat frequently Chubby Chased at the market, at Trader Joe's or at some other big name market. Maybe Chubby Chasers know chubby chicks love to eat so they just hang out at a major source of food...?

Anyway, I got what I went in for. Six or seven bags of frozen artichoke hearts. I heat up the artichoke hearts in the microwave & melt some sharp cheddar cheese over them. OMG! So yummy!

Standing in line, the guy behind me starts chasing.

Chubby Chaser: What's your nationality?

Fat Girl: Chinese.

Chubby Chaser: 100% Chinese?

Fat Girl: (somewhat exasperated) Yes.

Chubby Chaser: You look mixed.

Fat Girl: OK...(is that suppose to be a compliment? insult?)

Chubby Chaser: You have very exotic eyes. Very nice.

Fat Girl: Thanks.

Thankfully it was my turn at the register. The TJ crew member (as they like to be called) at the register sensed I was uncomfortable and remained in conversation with me so that I didn't have to answer any more stupid questions from Chubby Chaser. Bless his heart. Too bad Chubby Chaser didn't sense that I was uncomfortable. He tried to join in the conversation. What a numbnut.

If Chubby Chaser was at least 6 feet tall, had a nice smile and said something clever I woulda been friendlier. I'm no Victoria's Secret model, but still, this little piggy's got standards.

2 comments:

Olga Balboa: Intellectual, Essayist said...

Fat Girl Inside, why don't you chase the 6-ft-tallers with nice smiles?

The Fat Girl Inside said...

i don't chase, olga. used to but it backfired in my face. big time.