Sunday, April 13, 2008

Almost Finger Lickin' Good

I must confess, I'm a tech retard. So to avoid deleting my entire iTunes library instead of backing it up, I asked for help. Loaf and her hubby, TechGeek, came to the rescue. There was some geek talk between them that I didn't understand. No matter. In the end, TechGeek backed up my library to DVDs and my external hard drive.

To thank Loaf and TechGeek for their trouble, we went to a local soul food joint. It's great for good fried chicken without having to drive too far. Perhaps they haven't changed the oil or they didn't soak the chicken in buttermilk overnight, or both...the chicken didn't taste as good as I remembered. Still, it was good enough. They did improve on the collard greens. Much tastier this time.

We all cleared our plates and ordered dessert to go. We went back to my place to enjoy the key lime pie & peach cobbler while we watched the Lakers spank the Spurs. I love a lazy, food filled Sunday.

2 comments:

Olga Balboa: Intellectual, Essayist said...

I hope you ate both the key lime and the peach cobbler.

The Fat Girl Inside said...

sorry, olga. i'm not particularly fond of lemon/lime flavored desserts...