Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chubby Chased 4

As the Taste of the Nation event came to a close and we took our pictures with Antonia (Top Chef) and her daughter, Titty Vortex 1 and I stopped to watch the Top Waiter contest for a minute.

That was when I noticed Chubby Chaser staring at me. His two friends also staring. They also stared at TV1. I felt uncomfortable so I told TV1 that we should head over to the valet. I could feel their eyes burning holes into the backs of our heads as we walked away.

The line at the valet was long. Kirk Cameron and family were also waiting in line. They're so cute. The kids were well behaved. His wife is beautiful & oh so skinny (lucky bitch).

We sat down since we figured it was gonna take a while. It seemed like it was the valets' first day on the job. Anyway, we were talking about our favorite foods and minding our own business when Chubby Chaser and his two friends walked up.

Chubby Chaser: Hey, are you ladies going to the party?

Fat Girl (aka TV2): No.

Chubby Chaser: Why don't you join us for a drink? We're going to "fresh".

TV1: Where?

Chubby Chaser: Fresh. You've never heard of it? (Chubby Chaser slides me his business card. The restaurant he refers to is Fraiche.)

TV1 & TV2: No.

Chubby Chaser: It's "fresh". You don't know? (incredulous that we didn't know)

TV1 and I fell silent and Chubby Chaser & company walked on.

I wanted to tell him: This is how you say it, "fraiche" (French pronunciation). You should learn how to pronounce it if you work there. Idiot.

TV1 and I knew what he was talking about but didn't want to correct him. Why? Why did we feel like we had to spare his feelings & not correct him in front of his friends?

We also held in our giggles and laughter til we got into the car. I think next time we should just laugh in their faces.

No comments: