Monday, February 23, 2009

What is Jack's Inflamed Sense of Rejection?

Ah...I missed that condescending son of a bitch, Alex Trebek!

It's been a while since I watched Jeopardy! so I decided to tune in today. I swear, within 10 seconds of turning on the TV, I hear..."Sorry Jeanie, you're only allowed to respond with one incorrect answer at a time." smug chuckle Sure, he's an over-educated, under-sexed, pompous know-it-all, but we love him in all his HD glory.

It's dangerous to watch Jeopardy! in HD sometimes. I just get sucked in and totally forget what's on the stove. sigh I did exactly that and overcooked the clams. Ya, they weren't the best clams but good enough for clams in a box. They were Trader Joe's Steamer Clams in garlic butter sauce. The sauce was a bit salty but, yes, definitely buttery & garlic-y.


I imagine they woulda tasted slightly better had I not over steamed them. Just slightly. I'm just glad Alex wasn't here to critique me, to tell me where I went wrong & eventually, say that I should know better than to buy frozen clams. At which point, I would yell: "Yes, I know Alex! I shoulda went to the Chinese fish market to get fresh clams! And salmon sashimi for $8.99 per pound!"

Man, now I'm bummed. I didn't have a great meal and I'm left craving the fresh, delicious salmon sashimi...

No comments: